Hi Readers! This is our favorite time of year here at CertifiedCare- crisp autumn air, ever changing colors and tree lines, wardrobe change overs, and (my personal favorite) Halloween’s coming!
Now is the time to remember to adjust windows for drafts on your elders and make sure they have a lap blanket handy. This is also a good time to stock up on organic tea for the cold winter months ahead. A humidifier is a good idea now too, since cold air – and furnace air- is dry air and can irritate respiratory tracts in all of us, but especially seniors’.
This October has been busy (like all months here at ‘the org’)…
- We celebrated two Breath, Pray, Hug days- one October 4th and the other on the 20th- members are appreciating the difference these behaviors can make in their daily lives and the lives of those close to them, so we doubled up!
- Our new Twitter page is growing with a tripling of subscribers in October.
- Random Winner Day saw some brisk competition, yet, alas,… no one was the winner (better luck next time!)
- The Newsletter submission deadline for the November issue was October 8. Keep an eye on your mailbox for this Holiday issue.
- Our much (and long) awaited new logo design has hit a severe snag. It seems our designer, Daniel Will-Harris, is having personal problems and will not be able to complete this undertaking. As luck would have it, our new Administrative Director, Sydney Russell, took time to create a terrific logo for us all while she recovered from a nasty, emergency root canal. That type of loyalty and responsible effort is why she’s the AD now!
- Our third evolution website is in the works and promises to be amazing. It will be fully integrated so that students and members can go to one web location for all their needs. This should cut down on confusion with folks who get lost between the two we currently use.
- Our contract staff has grown to 5. We welcome new team mates Dan Janal, Adam Hommey, Dierdre Breckenridge, Katrina Lennon, and Mark Skrobola to CertifiedCare’s team and look forward to a long association with each of them. Every one of them is amazing!
- We instituted a new feature into our blog and newsletter. It is called “Elder Care Questions Asked and Answered” and I will personally respond to appropriate questions submitted through this blog by anyone who has concerns about legal, financial, personal or business, etc., issues related to caring for seniors or frail elders. We are limiting the scope of information to the United States (50 states and federal) for now. Later, as our international markets further develop we will include them.
Tell your family, friends, coworkers and neighbors about our blog! Have them submit their questions, and by all means remind them that,
”CertifedCaregivers are Better Care Givers!”
All the best,